Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ass kicking night.

It was a little busy in organic cafe world tonight.

Busy to a degree, not at all insurmountable.

We made record time in cleaning up the kitchen, mostly because of my urge to leave at a decent hour. I have to be back in a little under 8 hours, so my desire to stay and leisurely clean wasn't that strong. We had everything done except sweeping and mopping the wait station done within 5 minutes of close. The key is not to wait until the last minute to start all of the projects, things flow smoother and faster if you already have most everything done before you close. It also helps me out with labor costs, which were FAR too high today.

I am going to have to make some difficult decisions here soon, hours are going to have to be cut, people aren't going to like it. There is really only so much that I can do, when there are not the hours, there is no way I can afford to keep and maintain a full staff. I should act quickly as well, procrastination will only exacerbate my labor woes. As well I am a little afraid of how my inventory is looking, usually I would have less product around by this time in the week, so I am going to have to take a good hard look at how things are selling and what is working.

I still have to finalize the menu and create all the prep sheets for the next week, so I really shouldn't be sitting here entering into my blog, especially when no one but myself ever reads it.

I am really looking forward to the anonymity of this one compared to my last. It just made me uncomfortable to know that people I didn't really know but knew me were reading my blog on a regular basis. It made me more uncomfortable to know that people I did know and that I didn't want to check my blog were also reading it on a regular basis. Of course I do the exact same thing with people I know would be uncomfortable with my reading of their blogs. Funny how communication can be severed entirely but I still can know what is going on in someone's life.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]