Monday, October 31, 2005

I had been thinking about going for a quick little run before all of the Halloween festivities started, but I might just think better of it. I have seen a couple of groups of children walking around my 'hood, I might just wait and see if any actually come my way. I am not really holding my breath mind you, in the past I have had few to none of the costumed children knocking on my door.

I don't know what I would do with all the extra candy I have lying around. Silly me I figured it would be a better idea to buy the large candybars instead of the cute little mini candy bars most people pass out. What the hell was I thinking, now I am going to be stuck with such an abundance of candy that I will be forced to eat. I don't even really like candy that much, or at least I try my hardest to stay away from it.

There is something about all of those highly refined sugars that just bothers me.

Here we are at a point in our culture where child obesity is really becoming an epidemic and there still exists an institution such as trick or treating. No wonder all of these children are getting fat, they are stuffing themselves with exhorbenent amounts of sugar and fat. Where do you think all of that fat goes? Although when you are younger it does take a little more to actually add the pounds on, it still happens. Obviously it is a problem just looking at the kids around now days.

Don't even get me started about AD(H)D, I have some pretty strong opinions about that as well.

sugar, commercials, all that crap is just contributing on a grand scale to our children's lack of concentration and general manic tendencies. I don't see how they can concentrate at all with all of that sugar coursing through their bodies and being subjected to television which isn't made to keep their attention more than a few short seconds.

What the hell do I know anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]