Friday, November 25, 2005

2 problems down.

Took a little walk, actually just back to work, I needed to stretch out my muscles from shoveling. Did I mention how much I hate pinche nieve?

Just walked to the Cafe, there was a couple of things that I had to get done anyway, so I figured why not just walk. Considering the state of the brakes on the car, and the fact that my commuter bike is now the Merckx (which I don't want to ride in the snow) walking seemed like the most prudent thing to do.

Good walk, but I found out that the guy who was supposed to buy us a replacement hose for the dishwasher must of forgot. So I had to walk back home to get the car and drive to Menards. Lucky for me, about 3 block into my drive that damn ABS light turned itself off. So at least no expensive car repairs (for now). I bought the hose, and clamps from Menards, and luckily for me, I bought the exact correct size. I wasn't able to remove the hose before I left, so I had to guess about the size, who would have knows they had so many different sizes of internal and external diameters, wacko.

I held off buying a new ladder though, maybe tomorrow. I should discuss that with the owner first. It makes sense to me though, buy a ladder and try my hand at fixing the hood system myself, the cost of the ladder even at 169 dollars will still be less than an off hour service call. We have been talking about buying a ladder for quite sometime now, so this might be some good rational to do so.

Tonight, I am thinking about using the wheels that originally came with the new Merckx and put them on the old Merckx. I have a 70's Falcon built Merckx that is my geared commuter bike, right now it has a flat and a broken spoke. The wheels are getting too old, so breaking spokes is becoming all too common a problem. Easy solution might just be to switch up the wheelset. Good thing about this bike is the Dura-Ace brake calipers have a drop bolt built into them, so I will be able to use them with both 700 and 27 wheels, even though they aren't long reach. Come to think of it, this is the only bike I have seen that has such a thing, too bad hereNT took his camera back, or else I would take a picture for all of you.

Comments:
I used to drive an Integra and if you drove with the parking brake lever up even just one click the computer took that as a clue to disable the ABS. "Rebooting" reset the switch. Maybe it was just something like that?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]