Thursday, November 10, 2005

Almost Dead.

We used to have this cat, bitch of a cat. I am hesitant to mention it's name for fear that it will be like that movie candyman and suddenly reappear to wreak havoc upon me. The cat was seriously no bueno, bad enough to the where I still have some scars on various portions of my body as a result of him living with us. What makes a cat think that it has a chance against someone 20 times their size? Stupid feline.

Anyway, the cat not only attacked myself, but also near every plant we had lying around the house. Very Garfield like big fat ass orange cat attacking people and eating house plants. A couple just didn't make it, became fodder for the compost bin. One plant in particular was seriously maimed but not quite dead. One of those broad leaf potted plants, it used to be huge but was reduced to a few sparse leaves after the cat got hold of it. My idea was to just toss the plant at that point, it seemed like it wouldn't ever recover. We got the plant from behind a dumpster 6 years before anyway so what was the big deal?

Me ex persisted, she wanted to keep the plant and somehow nurse it back to health. That was all cool with me, but I wasn't going to be responsible for keeping it alive, heard the term exercise in futility before? My ex is worse than even myself when it comes to gardening and plant tending, she has some problems keeping those little buggers alive. That was what 2 years ago? The plant has yet to recover much at all, still with only 4 leaves which look damn pathetic within the large pot.

I stopped watering it a couple weeks back, and pushed it aside into a room I have no need to ever go into. I am happy to say that the plant is on it's final days. I would be surprised if by the end of next week there is any sign of activity left.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]