Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Cash

558 dollars and 76 cents.

That is how much I currently have sitting burning a hole in my pocket.

At this new job I still end up buying lots of stuff, mostly costco, but sometimes other things. Like yesterday when I did a home depot freezer run. Instead of paying out with a check like the club used to, here they just pay me with cash. Usually I don't really need the money, at least not to pay off my credit card bills. I have enough of a buffer built up that I just pretty much use the cash as sort of an ATM, or at least a good reason to avoid having to use one.

So I keep asking myself what I am planning to buy..

Another bike?

Well funny you should mention it, someone in Stillwater is one as I type, well within my budget.

I cannot say I am hyped about the color scheme, but what can you do, it is a used bike for less than a quarter of what it originally would have went for. You know me, always bargain hunting.

Sadly it wouldn't get much use until springtime, no reason to kill a nice steel frame with the salt and slush littering our streets here in the next couple of months. I am heading over there tomorrow morning to check it out and make sure there aren't any problems not seen in the picture. If not it could very well take the place as top steed above all others in the stable. It would really upset me if someone got to it before me, but que sera sera right? Not like I wouldn't be able to find an equally fine bike with all my cash.

Or I could just do the prudent thing and deposit it in the bank, but what fun is that right?

So it was bitch cold today. Windy and frigid, enough to where even with all my layers and baclava I still was a bit chilly.

To start the day out there was some freaky ice around as well, you know the kind where you step on the pedals and instead of going forward your back tire just spins out a bit, like that.

Tomorrow will prove to be much more of the same, part of me really likes this cold weather, everything is so much more peaceful and tranquil. Spring and summer are near chaotic in comparison, always people bustling about, animals scurrying etc. Heck I might even go for a jog tonight if the mood suits me right.

Comments:
You're lucky I don't have the money or a way out o Stillwater - that looks like it would fit me a lot better than it would fit you ;)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]