Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Donnie Darko

I felt like I had been a little out of sorts recently. I was having trouble staying concentrated, maintaining focus. I usually don't have much of a problem keeping things together, at least at work. It wasn't like things were falling apart or anything, it just felt like I didn't really have everything tied up and under control like I usually like to. I have been accused of being a little OCD lately, and I think I just might have a few of those tendencies. Not that anything is wrong with that, I just like to make sure that things are a certain way. Really is that so bad? My focus has been off, I have been forgetting things that if you know me I never would have missed. It had felt like my spiraling out of control personal life was leaking over to the rest of my life.

Now I think things are finally getting back in line. I feel that person who has everything under control returning.

Part of the problem was that I was causing more drama than I really had do, *note to self*=Don't start dating someone and expect it not to complicated while you are still married. Or if you do, try and keep it from turning into anything but a casual thing. Like I don't have enough to worry about with my EX, I threw another girl into the mix. I am not really severing things completely with the new girl, but I am going to take it down a knotch or two. Now that I don't have to worry about somehow maintaining a relationship as deep as things seemed to be going, I can finally focus on things that are more important.

I was thinking about completely just ending things with the new girl, but I don't know if that would even be the best idea. I mean I really like her and like to spend time with her, even if she does make 3 times my salary. It isn't like I am going to be settling down with her or anything, there is no way our relationship would develop into anything lasting. Just given the religious differences would be enough to keep us apart, mostly to her. I don't really care much either way, religion never was a big issue to me, I would prefer to be with someone who did share the same belief structure as myself, but I don't consider it a contentious issue if we don't. If I don't agree with someone, I just keep things quiet, no reason to stir the pot needlessly. There is no reason that I see why my opinions are anymore valid than that of the next guy, so why try and impose them on someone else right?

For example right now I have about a bazillion (my favorite word) things to think about with an upcoming meeting and getting things ready for some new menu ideas. We are going to be starting a Prix Fixe here on Monday, so I need to make sure that I am ready for that. I am not really anticipating it being that difficult, especially since it is in fact on a Monday.

Just bought Donnie Darko, I had never seen it so I figured at 10 dollars how could I go wrong right?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]