Sunday, November 06, 2005

Funny shit.

Ok well let's start this out on a high note.

Friday when I was riding my bike to work, I get to this little underpass on 36th avenue that goes under a rarely used underpass. Old and concrete, looks like shit, falling apart. I always find a way around it if I can, or at least when there is a train passing above, I worry about the structural integrity of something so rickety. Now I am for sure going to veer in another direction when I see a train going pass. For this time, not only was the bridge it's normal beat up self, but there was a delivery truck that didn't judge the height perfectly and wedged themselves underneath. The poor driver was in the awkward situation of not being able to go forward or back, just stuck there kicking themselves at their momentary lack of judgment. It was hard for me not to find a little humor in the situation, even if at the expense of someone else.

I hope they remembered the easiest way to get out of a situation like that, all you have to do is release some of the tire pressure from the tires and that can drop the vehicle a couple of inches. It is pretty important of course to remember to fill the tires up right afterwards, you don't want to ruin the rims, or tires, but it is at least a way to get through.

I have a employee meeting to conduct today, my first ever. I don't really know why we are having it, so this will be fun. Also there is going to be a little baby shower for a pregnant employee, that should be fun as well. I need to find something worthy of a baby shower gift, not like I know what I know what people actually need for babies nowadays. Blanket? Silly toys? Really I have no f'n clue.

So I get to choose as to which I would rather do, clean my house, figure out the meeting, purchase a gift, or just slack off and enter into my blog. So far the later is getting the highest priority, although I attribute that to my needing to drink a couple of cups of coffee before getting moving.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]