Sunday, November 27, 2005

House for Sale.

Oh,

Almost forgot to mention, I think I am going to have to sell my cute southside Minneapolis bungalow soon. My soon to be Ex is subjected to living a life of near poverty over in Japan because of how much she has to send back to me every month for that accursed mortgage. And really although I can afford it, I would not mind having my "own" place not "our" place. Even though I have had this house for almost 6 months all by my lonesome it still feels like it isn't just mine. Despite my best effort to sanitize the house from everything that reminds my of "her" we did live here together for about 4 years.

So Tuesday I am planning on calling our old Realtor and see what steps we need to take to sell the place. She used to come into a restaurant all the time, so I got to know her pretty well. I don't think she handles selling as much as buying, but I will see who she refers me to.

Good thing is that I should be able to get a good chunk of cash from the sale, money that I could use to either.

A) Go back to school and finally finish my degree
B) Support myself as I apprentice under some big name chefs in either NY, London, Paris, San Fran etc.
C) Waste the money and wonder what the hell happened, I bet with 10s of thousand of dollars I could buy some nice bikes. I wonder which is worse, old lady with her cats, or old man with his bikes.
D) Buy myself another house/condo/townhouse and subject myself to living in Minnesota for god knows how long.

I do need to figure where to live in the interim, before I move away from Minne-slush-land.

Anyone need a roommate? Prefer Seward area, close to work and all.

Comments:
I could ask if there's anything available in my building...
 
Both options I am keeping open right now. Last night I had the thought that I might just take 2 months off this or next year to bum around on bike in Europe. Really how many times will I have in my life to even contemplate doing something like that here soon. Strike while the iron is hot right?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]