Sunday, November 20, 2005

One Down.

Went into work to turn in some paperwork and edit punches.

One of my night supervisors turned in his notice, which really sucks. He was good, and what more was the brunch guru, now I have to worry about training someone else to do brunches. Brunch sucks no matter what, now it will be even more of a pain in my ass. I hope this new position works out well for him, a little more money and opportunities for advancement. I don't really berate anyone for leaving, as long as they give me 2 weeks notice, that is all I really care about. People are bound to move on, that is the nature of the business, so when it happens, it happens. It might be a little difficult for him, given that his new job is in Chaska, about 25 miles away. Right now he lives about 6 blocks from that cafe, within walking distance. I cannot help but wonder if the modest increase in salary he will be getting is enough to cover the extra gasoline costs of driving 1 hour + each day. Not really my deal though, I might just keep him on in an on call capacity, good people are a little hard to come by.

Hmm I just remember Daniel from the club was calling me looking for a job the other day, might be a good idea to call him up and see what he is looking for. Or I have received quite the stack of applications from some pretty good people, so my options are pretty open right now. The winter time is always a good time to look for cooks, everyone is cutting hours or laying off for the season, the workforce is ripe for the plucking.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]