Friday, November 18, 2005

Run

Just got back from a quick little run.

It has been almost a week since the last time I actually went out running, all of this cold/snowy weather just really isn't that conducive to outdoor activities. I am still commuting via my bicycle, so I don't feel all that bad about not doing much else.

I didn't go too fast or too far tonight, probably about 4 miles, the first of which for sure was the hardest. It almost felt like I had to break the rust off and get all the parts moving before I could actually start enjoying the run. Sometimes it just feels like that, especially if I have been slacking for a while. After things started moving, I felt like I could have gone for more than just the few miles I ran. But I didn't, I just returned home.

Somehow on both pairs of my light weight gloves I have lost the mates. Luckily they are still the opposing gloves so I am able to make a pair albeit bastardized and mismatched. Good thing it was dark and I didn't have anyone to impress, and actually I took the gloves off for the last 2 miles.

I should really finish my laundry, shower and nap before the party tonight. I did the "turn and burn" last night and this morning, meaning I closed the kitchen and had to return to open. That gave me exactly 7 hours between shifts to get home, shower, sleep, wake, return. I don't really mind, especially considering I don't have to work next until Monday morning. Knowing me I will be still find something to do at the cafe here and there, even if it isn't 100% warranted.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]