Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Sleet is Neat

Ok well we finally are getting some snow here in Minneapolis and it is about fucking time, although I would have liked to actually rake my leaves before the white stuff flew. Having to keep up on all the housework both inside and outside while trying to maintain my composure at work and with everyone else has been a little stressful. There is only so much I can manage to get done at a time, and I have chosen not to rake the leaves. They really didn't seem that bad this year anyway, the grass is (was) still visible near everywhere.

I think I will just wait until spring time and do the mowing/mulching thing to chop all the leaves into little pieces before they get thrown about.

Cold and windy it is tonight as well. Sleet, snow and sometimes rain are all wisping around, fun times. I rode my bike to work today, aside from the fact that I usually do ride, it had even more motivation tonight. The forecast did call for snow and ice falling, which would require scrapping and brushing of my car right? If I take how much time it would take me to scrap all the windows and brush excess snow off of my car, I could have been home already. Hell for all I know it might put me outside longer just getting my car ready than just simply riding home.

It really wasn't even that cold on the way home, I have ridden through much worse. Like the time my eyelids froze shut and I was subjected to 3 miles of practical blindness. That wasn't fun. Having to wait for my eyes to thaw before I could even think about changing into my work clothes wasn't particularly an experience I would care to repeat. Luckily I was able to snag a ride home so my fate wasn't repeated. That was one of the great things about being married, you always had someone to count on, if you really needed something they were there for you. I am sure I could convince someone to give me a ride if I was in a similar situation again, but it just isn't the same. Spouses are pretty much required to help, although really I did a fairly lousy job. Mostly in the whole giving rides situation, not something I could do at all back then, kind of helps to have a license right? Tonight isn't near as cold as the frozen eyes day, it was negative 10 that night, and right now it is just 29, nothing.

I have to figure out the entire menu for next week, Tracy is going on vacation soon and I am going to have to figure out exactly what we are doing before she leaves. I have no clue yet, but that hasn't really stopped me before now has it?

A few of the FOH staff are pissed off that I didn't end up naming the pork sand this week "Three Little Piggies" instead opting for the name "Fischer Farms Trio" after the farmer I buy my pork from. Pork tenderloin, smoked ham and bacon, with Gruyere and aioli on organic baguette. It is very yummy, we are selling quite a few given how slow the last couple of days have been. The cold weather hits us a little hard, for sure we are busier during the summer months. But anyway people are pissed I didn't use the Fairy Tale name, I do have the power and ability to change it back though, so I might tomorrow. Even Jo who I saw at Rainbow last night was upset I didn't use my original choice. She hasn't worked there for a couple months now, and still somehow was in the know about potential menu names.

But enough is enough, I need to get some menu planning started and I still smell like work.

Not that I have anyone who cares how I smell right now, but still.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]