Sunday, November 13, 2005

Weekly Changing Menu.

Where I work I pretty much change the entire menu weekly. This means that we don't really have to keep the same products week after week, which is nice. It allows us the opportunity to vary what we sell, again that is nice. For example for the last month I haven't had a single dish with fresh tomatoes on it. The quality has been so horrendous that there isn't any good reason to use them. At best late fall tomatoes taste like cardboard, or else they are shipped in from halfway across the country, either way I don't care to use them.

I have been trying to find a better way to illustrate to the cooks how to construct each dish. I write the recipes, and make this little sheet detailing how every sandwich or salad goes, but still there seems to be some constant confusion going on. This week I figured how better to illustrate things than with an illustration? Makes sense right?

I won't actually be in a position to take photographs of everything until tomorrow, so I did the next best thing tonight. I created a little spread sheet deconstructing each dish and drew cute little pictures describing how to put it all back together. Tomorrow lets just hope I can get my copy to work unscathed, I still need to make photocopies for each side of the line.

I have yet to figure out exactly what I am going to do for the Prix Fixe tomorrow evening. I guess I will do what I always do and just wing it. Probably cliche, but I always surprise myself with what I am capable of doing when under pressure, sometimes I purposefully procrastinate, just to have to bust ass for a couple hours. Not the best thing to do, but works for me.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]