Friday, November 25, 2005

What Next?

First of the whole Turkey day went off without a hitch. Not the largest crowd in the world, but the is to be expected. Holidays tend to spread people out among different families and friends, hard to attract lots of people.

The food was smooth, but again that is to be expected. It isn't really the first time I had to do a Thanksgiving dinner, and probably not the last. The only thing that really sucked this time is that I had to do all of the cleaning both before and after people came over. Before I was able to get out of doing as much, because I did all of the cooking. Now that I am living all by myself, no one but myself will do it for me.

We hit up the local after, some did some drinking, I just played a couple of games of pool and called it good.

I had to work this morning, and really nothing went right.

Started off getting a phone call from my dishwasher, he wasn't coming in. Something about a sick stomach, his cousin ensured me the story was ture, but still little consolation.

Then I notice no one left me a prep list, usually we leave a little sheet telling the following person what needs to be done. This was forgotten, meaning instead of knowing exactly what I had to do, I had to search around the kitchen and look for everything. Not a big deal, just time consuming.

Usually the produce order is in by 7:30 at the LATEST, today it was a little later.

Oh yeah did I mention it snowed today?

Well when I noticed the produce truck still hadn't shown up by 8:30, I called Roots to see if they had placed an order. No, somehow they forgot, funny how people seem not to care as much when they have a week left. So I figure out what needs to be done and place an order for the afternoon.

Ok well that is all figured out, back to prepping.

Coastal overcharged me 40 cents per pound for organic salmon, I was able to get the reversed.

Back from the fish store, the dishwasher I called in to cover for sick stomach boy shows up. She points out right away that a hose is leaking under the sink. Not that, but the spray nozzle that we use to clean all the plates before they go into the machine is leaking as well. I can fix the leaky hose, just a 3 foot section of 1" hose and some clamps, the nozzle requires complete replacement though. At least it still works, just gets everything wet.

The bulb burned out in the freezer, one of those 40 watt appliance bulbs, had to run to Target for that one.

Get back from Target, get told that the hood system isn't working. The hoods suck all of the heat from the oven and stove and exhaust it outdoors. We have had to shut it off and on lately, something was done weird with it, and the air blowing in is SO freaking cold it really isn't much fun, like standing in a walk in freezer. We have to shut the fan off sometimes, or else the bread dough doesn't rise.

I think it must have frozen shut, or there is some snow blocking the motor from starting.

Get the old ladder from the rafters, hang it up against the building, I figure I should be able to fix the problem if I see the unit.

First step,

Crack

Phil falls.

Great.

I guess I am not going up on the roof tonight, unless of course I find myself another ladder.

Say fuck it all and leave for a couple of hours, I still have to finish the schedule, but I should shovel my own walk before it gets too dark and cold.

Driving home, nice and slow. (I had to drive today, I knew I had fish to pick up.)

I get to the driveway and am waiting for the garage door to open, as I release the clutch and brake, the car takes a moment to move forward and then I hear this beeping from the dash. Look down and I see both the ABS light and the BRAKE light flashing. Hmm never happened before, doesn't seem that good now does it?

Pull into the garage, shut the car off.

Restart the car, the brake light has gone off, but the ABS is still lit. A quick once through the owners manual and I find out that somehow the ABS functionality has been compromised, and the brakes are just like old fashion brakes. Gee how much do you think that will cost to fix? I hope the problem just goes away, I don't really care to spend any more money on a car right now.

So here I am at home, about to shovel my walk.

My tooth just started hurting, and my insurance eligibility doesn't start for another 2 weeks.

Well I think that is about it.

Oh on a high note, some slutty looking girl just asked me to be her Myspace friend, although she does already have like 2000 mostly male friends, I don't feel that special.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]