Sunday, December 11, 2005

4 Bikers, or 5%

So sorry about not really wanting to post anything for a while, I just have been feeling a little off.

Things going on..

Well my bike kicks ass, although I still haven't been able to grab a camera in order to take any photos. As well I also still have not had the chance to ride my super cool Trek 720, although I do sit on it and daydream. Imagining I am cruising around, no responsibility, nothing to do but sit and ride. Really could it get much better than that?

I missed my buddy Shawn's B-Day last night, I passed out and wasn't able to revive myself quick enough to answer the phone. I guess when he went out to the CC club he got himself in a little brawl. He was just sitting at a booth, hitting on some women or perhaps the other way around. Some guy sucker punched him while he was sitting down and was looking away, fist hard right above the eyeball. According to him, he just started laughing which pissed of whoever hit him, then his friend Jackie who is tiny intervened and this guy tried to hit her. At this Shawn jumped up and put this asshole in a headlock and started running him into shit. Then they almost all got kicked out, but luckily one of the bouncers saw the whole thing and let Shawn and his friends stay. No black eye for Shawn, but a inch long gash above his eye, which is probably worse.

Feel the love right?

Work news,

I kicked Roots to the curb...

I am really happy about that.

The new company is nice, I do all of my ordering online, so I know what all the prices are when I am ordering. Roots wasn't really forthcoming about giving up to date price lists, so sometimes I wouldn't have a clue that some price had drastically increased until I received the product. On more than one occasion I would send some product back after I saw the price. That did become more and more difficult as they had started a practice of having the first sheet of the invoice written as so that you couldn't actually see the price until you looked at the subsequent pages.

That is all water under the bridge now, roots is no more. What is worse, as I have mentioned before Roots was bought out by some company out of New Jersey, so they aren't even local. At least the new company is local, and our rep has visited 3 times in the last week, even eating breakfast this morning. Compare that to our rep at Roots, who no one has ever met.

So we are happier now.

We had the bike team party tonight, seemed to go well. Tracy was getting a little sauced, which probably was good for her. She is pretty stressed out all of the time, so letting go is a good thing right? The food seemed to go well, they were eating quite a bit, and I didn't hear any complaints.

As for how many of the 78+ RSVPs we had rode their bikes? Well look at the title of the post, 4 only 4. It wasn't even that cold today, at least not comparatively. So only 5% of our bicycle team are year round commuters?

Well bed time now.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]