Tuesday, December 27, 2005

5 days.

Heck I think that is pretty much a record when it comes to time lapsed between my blog entries, go felipe.

So lots has been happening around here, well sort of.

First off there was the holiday, passed pretty much uneventful, which is for the best (trust me). It was nice, this year it wasn't near a focus upon the commercial giving of gifts and amassing of crap as in the years passed. This is mostly to do with the severing of the two families, so I didn't get any gifts from that side anymore. I would get something from all of her siblings, as well as parents and of course her. This year it was all family (and work), so that was nice. I have never been a big fan of x-mas, especially not to the degree that she was, call me a grinch or whatever.

I got some nice gifts, stainless track chain for my bike, teapot, pictures of myself as a silly youngster, it was nice. I shouldn't probably admit this to anyone, but one of the aforementioned pictures is in fact of Sr. Felipe around age 10 dressed up in Zoobas, with matching t-shirt. Now wonder I wasn't able to get many dates at that age, dressed like a neon zebra.

Work has been busy, crazy busy. Fun though, I like it when it is busy, so no worries.

Last night I did this little cooking thing for that girl I had talked about. She had a sit down dinner party, of which of course I did the majority of the cooking. I had the day planned at work to include nothing but prep work, so finding the time to prepare for a little dinner party for 13 people was tres facil. The hor's were great, although 22 year olds don't seem to fancy beets that much, their loss. The spicy pumpkin sweet potato soup with Cajun pepitas also again kicked ass. Then there was a salad with shaved fennel, blood oranges, pecorino romano, and toasted pinenuts. Then finally we had some of Felipe's fresh rolled paparadelli pasta, with either arugula, currant cashew pesto, artichoke hearts, SD tomatoes, and basil oil. For those meat lovers, we had some slow braised buffalo loin, cooked down with red wine, and your typical mirepoix, then served on that famous semolina pasta, with grano, basil oil, and some san marzano tomatoes.

I didn't make the dessert, but I just made it a little more refined. She made a cardamom cake which was pretty much a bundt cake a little spiced up. What I did, was quick saute some apples, with a little brown sugar (which got all caramelized naturally) then I took and made some maple vanilla crema. It was pretty simple, but it turned out freaking awesome.

I spend the majority of the night in the kitchen, which is how I like it. Staying in the kitchen alleviates my need to try and find something to talk about with people I hardly know. Gives me a purpose, passes the night quicker.

The girls friend was there, I ended up talking to her more than the girl I am supposed to be "seeing". Not that I have anything wrong with this new girl, but again she is younger than me. Her friend on the other hand, is my age almost exactly, and was married for almost the exact amount of time I was. So I have much more in common with her, but I don't think it would work out with her either. Really I don't know if I would want to see either of them, or anyone for that matter. Chilling con solo is how I envision my short term future. Then she called me (the young one) tonight to see if I wanted to come over and get some "present" she got me for doing all the cooking. I have too much going on right now, there is garbage to take out, laundry to fold, menus to work on, crap to do.

Tonight I took the little labrodoodle for a run, quick short but fun. The majority of the time, little Viggo was holding his leash in-between his teeth, pretty much fighting me the entire way. He wasn't into the whole running thing near as much as I was, but I think he will get better as he gets older. He has potential, and I think in time he is going to be a quick little devil. When he wasn't fighting me, there were fleeting moments of a speedy little viggo that shone through. In the moments of pursuit, where there was someone within eyesight in front of us, he would be tugging the leash and I would be doing my best just to keep up. He is just a few months old so I think when he is older, he will be quite the athlete. I tried my best to train him, stopping every 1/4 - 1/2 mile and give him a little treat, trying the positive reinforcement, encourage him to like the act of running.

Aside from that, I just have been bumming around the house, trying to keep stay relaxed. I am still trying to get ready for the NY trip, I haven't figured out exactly how I am getting to the airport, but it shouldn't be that difficult, being as I live just a couple of blocks from the lightrail station.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]