Thursday, December 29, 2005

Almost.

Ok well I think I am finally ready, ready for what?

Heading to NY for the weekend of course.

I realized a couple of things, one I didn't have a decent winter jacket, at least one that doesn't look like I have ridden through 4+ Minnesota winters wiping snot on the sleeves each and every one, and I don't have a carry on bag. I am not going to be gone long enough to warrant checking a bag, so just packing a carry on with my clothes seems like the most prudent idea. So I had to buy a bag and a jacket, lucky for me there are clearance after x-mas sales literally EVERYWHERE, I mean it is just sick. I got a nice warm winter jacket, with all sorts of bells and whistles for 25 dollars. The best part about the jacket is the velcro on the sleeves, so you can get them nice and tight, and also the zippered pockets. I am a softy for zippered pockets, dunno why. I found a bag at target, over half off, simple but functional. I cannot say I am too fired up over the color, but I take what I can get.

I hope I have everything in hand at work for my trip, I tried to get all of my work done ahead of time, but there are some things that I just cannot do yet. I cannot do the sysco order yet, seeing as I will have a vague idea at best about what we are going to need this coming Monday. I implored upon my staff that they were to call me on Monday and go through every item before they enter the order in. I don't want to have some obscene amount of food on hand just because someone didn't know about this case here or that case there. I have a good understanding and idea of what we have on hand in the storeroom at all times, so even over the phone I should be able to help out a little.

Again with my low food cost, I don't remember if I mentioned it, but it is at the lowest level EVER in the history of the cafe. 10 years and no one has consistently kept the purchases at the level that I (supposedly) am keeping them at. That will go on ye ole resume for sure... I almost wish I could see the break down a little more on the micro level, just to scrutinize the data, make sure we aren't missing anything. Though when I think about how much money I am spending on food vs. how much the sales are, the numbers are about right. If it is true, lets just hope it stays that way right?

Now I should be getting to bed soon, the Cab is coming at 5:30 to take me to the Airport, I should be awake for that right?

Shitty thing is it is snowing right now, which I won't probably have enough time to do anything about, I just hope hereNT can help me if he gets the time. I am pretty opposed to the whole salting idea, and usually just keep things dry, in this case however I might just have to do some salting to loosen the ice when I get back.

Comments:
I'll try to get over there tomorrow. It's still coming down now, and the roads don't look all that great...

Sorry.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]