Monday, December 05, 2005

Cold Fingers.

I didn't realize quite how cold it was tonight until I was out in it. I don't have a TV, hadn't really listened to the radio, or even checked the net. Also my normal commute is so short that by the time I am starting to feel cold, I am there. Tonight I headed into uptown to check with one of my friends who's job might be closing down here soon. I cannot go into too many details, even to who it is, but needless to say it was pretty shattering news for this particular person. Not everyone who works there knows what is going on yet, so I don't want to start spreading rumors. If you think you know enough of my friends to narrow it down, you are probably wrong. Don't forget I do know quite a few people given I have lived here for the last seven and a half years.

Down to it, I rode into uptown, about 4-5 miles to where I was going, and it was cold the entire way. I wasn't as prepared for it as I guess I could or should have been. I was just wearing one large pair of gloves, with nothing underneath. My torso was well insulated, underarmor turtleneck base layer, shirt, sweater, and large jacket made it so my arms and body was warm. I did wear two pairs of socks, one being cold weather specific wicking, the other being regular coolmax. I didn't wear my biggest pair of boots, and really I should have. My toes got a little chilly in my Northface pseudo boots. I don't really know why I haven't broken into my large rated to -25 boots I bought at Kaplan Bros a few years back. When I wore those, even on the coldest days I never had a problem.

Head gear was all ok, face mask, wicking birchwood hat, helmet etc. I didn't bring my goggles, but was fine without them.

Once in uptown, I stopped by Ragstock and bought myself 2 pairs of cheap cotton gloves to go under my own. Though even with 3 layers of gloves my fingers were a bit frigid on the ride home.

I just need to better accustom myself to riding distances longer than a mile on my bike. I have been spoiled living, working and shopping all within a few mile radius of my house, I am getting soft.

Bought a new KitchenAid today. 475 watt motor, bad ass red color. We have decided upon naming her Stella, although I don't know why, the name just seems to fit. Bought her from Costco, I took Tracy there to check the place out, and put her on my membership. It was a little odd, Tracy didn't want to drive even though my car was still at home. So I drove her car with her in the passenger seat, which I guess isn't the biggest deal, just a little strange.

Comments:
Yo, is the new boards of canada any good?....I've got the first two........anyway, I'll catch ya tomorrow.

lates,
Chromeeyes
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]