Monday, December 19, 2005

Cookies.

One thing I have always said I would like doing, is baking. When doing bakery work, you are basically working against the clock, there are no customers waiting, no waitresses bitching about orders, just you and the dough. So basically it is like doing prep work, of which I am exceedingly good at. Give me an insurmountable prep list and half the time required to get it done, and chances are I will fit something else in. Given that, it wasn't that big of a deal for me to have to spend a couple of hours this afternoon making cookies. See one of our wine reps decided that they would order 20 2 dozen pastry trays for delivery in 48 hours. So that means I don't have quite the amount of labor required to get everything done on time. The bakery has been stretched pretty thin since one of the bakers had a baby just 3 weeks ago. So with everyone in the bakery working overtime, there still isn't enough workers to get everything done. So that meant Sr. Felipe had to spend a couple of hours making fun bakery goods.

Now, that was how I ended my day, how it began was just silly.

The FOH manager who does all the scheduling is usually the one who works Monday mornings, helping out so we don't have to put a hourly person on the clock. Involved in his duties, is to get the register ready, so people can buy things, you know how we make money. He is in Madison for a couple of days, and neglected to schedule anyone except poor Laura to work all by herself. So we open at 7, and the next person on the schedule was at 8, so there was an hour that she was all by herself. That meant I had to figure out how to pull the reg. and help her get the restaurant ready for business. Poor planning eh?

Today I was trying to keep everything under control, which I did a good job of. All the little things that I have to do on a regular basis were done, and promptly. There was little or nothing left for me to do, then we got that order for all the cookies. The brought on a crying fit from the other baker (she is pregnant as well), so my day didn't end until later.

I got a call from that girl I went out with last night, I guess we are all (her friends and I) going to the BLB for her B-day on WED, so that should be fun. I am still anxiously waiting for a day off, this is getting tiresome just doing nothing but working.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]