Wednesday, December 14, 2005

New Oven Again

So to those not in the know, my new oven kicks serious booty.

Like big time, jiggly, sometimes smelly booty.

First things first the commute.

This morning it wasn't so bad, after I remembered that virgin powder is much easier to traverse than packed down wet snow. Even so my upper body got a better workout than my legs did today, just trying to keep myself stable was a chore.


The way home was easy as well, some routes were plowed at least enough to make it easier. What was difficult about the way home had more to do with passing cars and slush flying up into my face. By the time I made it home, my left side was feeling a little wet and chilly. I still had on the back of my mind the fact that I had not yet shoveled my walkway, always an arduous task. See if I haven't mentioned before, I live on a corner lot, so I have about three times the normal city shoveling area. Add to this the fact that I am too cheap to buy a snow-blower, shoveling just sucks. I made some calls (more about that later) and started to think about heaving the wet, heavy snow. I walk out the door, Ipod in pocket, shovel in hand and mentally prepared for the task at hand. What do I see? Two teenagers with shovels in their hands, asking me if I need my walk done.

The price you ask?

Twenty...

Um, hell yeah.

So now I am here typing this, while those little ones (although bigger than myself) are busy shoveling.

I have to say that it is 20 dollars well spent in my book.

So who was I calling? My friend Shell out in NYC of course. Seems that Tracy is very keen on the idea of me getting out of the city for a couple of days, to the degree that she is willing to buy me a ticket. So it looks like I might be NY bound for the new year. I have never been there before, so it should be fun.

I am guessing that NYC is quite the happening place to be as we throw out the old and usher in the new year.

In other news, I started drinking again.

37,670,400 seconds
627,840 minutes
10,464 hours
436 days
62 weeks (rounded down)

I don't really know how long this stint of drinking will last, but it is at least noteworthy. I just miss going out and having fun with people, and despite my best efforts, it just isn't the same without at least a drink or two. Call it a personal flaw if you will, but I don't think I am the only one afflicted by such.

Comments:
We should grab a beer on Friday. I'm going to be severely burnt out from work by then...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]