Thursday, December 01, 2005

Slight Headache

The weaning myself off of coffee thing is going ok, I am down to about a cup each morning and tea and/or decafe the rest of the day. The constant steam of caffeine I have become accustomed to have running through my veins isn't near to where I would like it, but I can deal.

Hasn't really done much for my stress level though, I still am all stressed out and I don't really know why.

Ok well I know why right now, so I have this supervisor who is quitting right, not a big deal I can find someone else. Not only can I find someone else, I already have found someone else, and I basically had him waiting in the wings from before I even knew anyone was leaving. The problem comes in that the guy who is leaving has convinced one of the line cooks that he was in line to get promoted to the supervisor position. The cook is question is a really nice guy, don't get me wrong, but he isn't really the quickest on his feet when it comes to prep. So I had to either do the nice thing and promote someone who I knew I would have to babysit, or just bring in someone I know will already by self-sufficient. Now I feel like a bit of a jerk, knowing that this guy is expecting to be promoted, and knowing that it isn't going to happen.

Then again the cook in question never even expressed to me that he was interested in the position. Correct me if I am wrong, but one should take a little initiative when trying to get a promotion, if even at a small little place.

So I get to be the bad guy, again.

And lately EVERYONE has been yelling at me about scheduling, no one seems to be happy with how I have things. Shitty as it may be, I really cannot accommodate everyone, time to develop a thick skin and just be a jerk.

Back to bikes,

HereNT, I actually am going to be talking to Tom about a bike this afternoon, some Trek 720 touring bike in near perfect condition, from the 80's but built like a tank. I am a little worried that it might be a size or two too big for me, I think it is a 61 cm. He has been posting some ads on craigslist in the last few months, and as luck would have it, he posted on yesterday.

I would rather have the bike situation firm in hand before I even think about leaving the states, at least that way I can ride away from the airport.

Another possibility instead of taking months and months off, is to take just 2-3 weeks off and bum around Amsterdam, would be fun in the springtime, check out the tulips.

Comments:
Tulips are my favorite flower. I would be massively jealous.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]