Saturday, December 17, 2005

tOe

Work was slow last night, the ride home was easy. Things got helluva lot colder in a short period of time, so the slush and water that we on the roads quickly turned to ice. In some places even, glare ice, black ice, however you care to call it. Coming to a stop at the intersection of 26th st and 36th ave the ice was slippery enough to scoot my wheels 8 inches left while the bulk of my weight stayed firmly put in the center. It was very close to a fall, but somehow I worked my way out of it, chalk it up to luck I guess.

I got home around 1:30-2:00 after hitting up the Hex with Jer and Ro. Faux Jean was playing, I had heard their music about a bazillion times on Radio K but that was the first time in concert. Also it was the first time I had ever been to the Hexagon, it started becoming hipster central within the time I quit drinking, lots of concerts and the like. Nice place to hang out, cheap beer, free music, nice "scenery", and only 1.5 miles from where I live. Chances are pretty good that the Hex will become one of my after work haunts, heck everyone else already hits the place up after getting off work.

After I got home, I was cooking up a little bite to eat (quesdillas). I got a call and had to run upstairs to grab the phone. In the process of sprinting up the stairs, I jammed my big toe pretty dang hard into the top step. Now my toe is all black and blue and hurts like a bitch. I am considering driving to work, but it might be just as hard on my food to operate the clutch as it would be to pedal. Either way I am going to have to wear my stiff soled boots, which aren't nearly as warm as my gigantic softer soled boots. Wish me luck that I didn't break my toe, my insurance doesn't start until the first of next month.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]