Sunday, December 04, 2005

Winter.

Just so you know, my back is still sore from shoveling outside my house as well as in front of the cafe. When taking in account of how nice having a corner lot is, at least in comparison to the enclosed house on either side alternative. Just think about the extra side walk required come winter time.

So this morning wasn't that busy, turns out brunch is pretty damn easy. The hardest part was just getting ready, and waking up after working that double shift yesterday.
I made a pretty good savory bread pudding with Calabrese sausage, roasted red peppers and junk like that, it sold pretty well. There were only a few orders left by the time I went home, (I left when there was just about an hour of service to go).

I rode around causing trouble on my new winter bike, I am hesitant to refer to it as a beater, I think really it deserves a better moniker than that. I think a more apt description would be winter utility bike, as I cannot think of a situation in which I wouldn't be able to ride it. Don't worry I will have pictures of my WUB here soon, I have to take pictures of the bike I am trying to sell anyway. I stopped by the hub and got myself some new fenders and a new chain. I must have been out of the loop for a while, they were selling all variety of fancy colored anodized chains. Too bad the new bike is of gray/black in color scheme, I wouldn't mind rocking some bling-bling on my drive train. As is I just opted for the simple standard blackish chain, and it looks nice.

I was going to head over to this Thanksgiving party (late I know), but wasn't able to find the damn thing. After about 20 minutes riding around, I decided to just call it a night and get home before my fingers got too incredibly frigid. I really need to get a thin pair of gloves to go under my current gloves, I think that might help.

I was trying not to eat too much, given that thanksgiving parties usually are of impressive gastronomic proportions. When it came to pass that I didn't get dinner, I ordered a sub from a local shop, next to a liquor store, you know the one. They said it would be about 45 minutes, as the driver had just left. I get a call about 50 minutes later, the driver was having some problems, and still wasn't back at the store. My order would take at least another 45 minutes, so I say fuck it all and just cancel the thing. Now I am drinking green juice and scouring my house looking for something edible. My fridge is empty, I might have some chips and salsa though.

Things just haven't been going my way lately, it is getting decidedly more difficult to keep my bountiful optimism I always try to maintain.

Yeah I still want that beer too.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]