Thursday, January 26, 2006

22 HP Flat Tire Exchange

So,

Woke up this morning, had a little cereal and some good conversation with gramps. He has been pretty darn lonely lately, so having someone to talk to really seems to be doing him some good. I really wish I would be able to spend more time with him just not being alone helps.

I then hopped into the Cobalt and hit the 605 to the 5 over to the 101 up to Valley Village to meet up with my (ex) sister-in-law. One thing they never really correctly show in all of those LA based movies and television shows, is the shear amount of time it takes to get from point a to point b. All of the time it feels like what I have been doing is just driving around. The car felt a little squishy on the highway, I chalked it up to not knowing the car and the difference in Minnesota vs California highways. I pulled in front of LL apartment and noticed that my rear passenger side tire was flat. I have no idea how long I really was driving on a low tire, but considering in retrospect how long the car felt funny, it could have been for a while. At least I did notice that the tire dropped some from the time I pulled in, until the time the road side assistance guy showed up. The good thing about having a rental car, if you get a flat they take care of you. The guy slapped on the spare, and told me I should probably take the car in and exchange it, since I still have 6 days I need the car.

Back on the freeway, I drove on the 101 to the 405 south down passed Santa Monica and Venice to the airport where I got the car from. There wasn't any hassle getting the car swapped out, they just got me a new car simple as that. The cool thing about the swap was that they didn't have the same sub-compact which I reserved, so I got a mid-sized car instead. The new car is a Pontiac G6, and is much roomier and has a bigger faster engine. I don't think the MPG is that much difference, but the car is much more comfortable. Little things like power windows and mirror which I don'’t really care about, but are nice to have. The stereo in the G6 is bumps much louder, always a plus.

LL and I drove all around the Ventura Blvd checking out the sites and BSing a bit. We stopped and got some kick ass pizza from a little shop about a mile from her house. I was bummed out that they didn't have the pizza with marrow on it, what can you do eh? We didn'’t get the chance to do much in the way of shopping, only hitting up a little cheese and wine shop. The lady there was trying to get me to buy a kilo of polenta for 10 dollars! Fuck that, even if it did have dried truffle in it. I would rather buy some coarse cornmeal and some truffles and do it the old fashioned way. It my flavor wasn’t strong enough, I could always add a bit of truffle oil right?

LL has also treated me to a piece of chocolate cake, which had a little spicy element. I correctly guessed cayenne, who doesn'’t like chocolate and spicy?

I don'’t quite know yet what tomorrow or tonight will bring, and that is fine with me. I have a kick ass new car to cruise around in, and driving on the LA freeways is fun, either stopped or speeding it is just a blast.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]