Saturday, January 21, 2006

Crack

So,

Last night.

First I went to work, check how the pasta special went over, considering it was the first time we had tried to do fresh pasta at the restaurant. I had been trying to teach Maria how to roll out La Pasta Fresca, but it didn't go quite as well as I would have liked. I know she will be able to figure it out eventually, but it will just take her a little practice I think. The problem is getting the pasta square and even, she was getting a little aggravated not being able to roll the pasta perfectly, I have faith though. I wouldn't be surprised if soon she gets better than myself, especially if I make her roll 10+ pounds of pasta a day. I think after the first couple of days she would figure it out. The pasta special went over well, we only had 15 to start with, and we sold out by 6:30, so only after an hour and a half. That was a good reception in my book, really a good reason to try more pasta specials. I have a feeling that we could have sold over 30, which would have been fun.

After I left work, I called up Jerzo who was on the greenway. He got turned around and headed back to my 'hood where we hit up the Hex. The hex was good, cheap beer and fun people watching, there was about an equal proportion of blue collar to hipster ratio. Watching people just crack open pulltabs by the stack, just amazes me, such a waste. After a few beers, we both realized that pangs of hunger were screaming at us, so it seemed like time to leave. I saw a bartender from back at the Green Mill, who I didn't recognize myself, but he did remember me. It had been probably 6 years since I worked at the Mill, and he did look familiar, though I didn't really remember his name or anything. I guess there was a big Green Mill gathering, as I saw other former coworkers as I was on the way out. Had I been a little more motivated and not quite as hungry, I probably would have stayed around a bit longer.

Jer and I switched bikes for the 4 block ride to Manny's Tortas, I rode the fuji, he rode the Takara. It was fun riding the fuji, the giant front wheel it was like riding a tank, then again I seem to say that about most bikes. Sad to report that Manny's had just closed, there wasn't a Torta Cubana para el Felipe. When thinking about where we should go for some munchies, I realized the El Nuevo Rodeo was just across the street. I know the night club was still open upstairs, the question was about the kitchen. Hop across the street, walk in and asked about food, luckily for us they were still serving. I guess they serve food until around 4 am, good place to remember next time I am out and about and starving. I had a torta, Jer had some mole enchiladas, both were grubbing. Another good thing to remember is that they have a happy hour EVERY DAY with 2 4 1 's. It is like little t's but with less crowds and cheaper beer.

I rode home and talked to Brooklyn girl for a little while before almost passing out, I had been since 5:30 in the morning, so sleep seemed nice. Instead I noticed that the second season of Chappelle show had just finished downloading, so instead of sleeping, I decided to see if the episodes would play. 3 Hours later, my guts are literally sore, and I am even more tired than I was before. I finally got to bed around 4 am, so I was almost up 24 hours for no good reason.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]