Friday, January 20, 2006

The light I like.

This is going to be quick and hopefully without much pain for all of you folk out there.

I am writing about my favorite stoplight here in Minneapolis, at least on a bike. The sensor is very liberal, even triggered with my skinny ass on my equally skinny tired bicycle. Given, I don't always wait for the light to change before I speed through on to the other side of Lake street. Yes, this light is right there on Lake Street probably about 6 blocks from my house intersecting with 39th avenue. One one side is the lesbian owned and frequented Blue Moon Coffee shop, which makes a mean hazelnut machiato, which reminds me, I have a sufficiently punched free card in my wallet. On the other side of the street is an abandoned SuperAmerica, abandoned due to the insatiable expansion of the SA juggernaut and acquisitions that have brought the variety of convenience stores in the twin cities down sufficiently. There is a bigger and better SA just 4 blocks to the east on Lake, so this small annoying one became obsolete.

I just like the light, treats me well near everyday. In contrast, the light on Lake and 36th can bugger off.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]