Saturday, January 21, 2006

No fucking Way.

Ok well this is probably stupid, but I am going to tell you anyway.

So this band I (and half the world) am getting into right now is the Decemberists, indie rock I know but I like the songs, even if they get a little slow at times. What I just learned tonight, and what blew my fucking mind, is that the lead singer for the Decemberists was actually in another band that I know. Why does with blow my mind you ask? Because that band was none other than Tarkio, from none other than my little home hamlet of Missoula Montana. That song "Sister Nebraska" was on such frequent rotation on 89.9 right around the time I was leaving Missoula, that one would be hard pressed not to know all of the words. Now I find that this nationally known band has some Montana roots, that is just fucking with my head people. Fucking with my head big time, thanks Theo for being one of the only people who would know that I know who Tarkio was.

Fucking blows my mind.

Comments:
I saw them in concert. Some call them a "Pirate" band. They kind of sound like the songs Pirates sing... and they sing about Pirate stuff too.

Yo Ho Matie!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]