Friday, January 13, 2006

OMFG

A jesus cristo!!

I just chopped an onion faster than I EVER have before. Thing about that people, I have been working in kitchens chopping onions for at least 10 years, and I just chopped an onion faster than I have before.

This is big, like bigger than big, like maybe up to the category of huge.

I used the USUBA which is the left handed specific vegetable knife. I was a little worried at first at how it would work, but I exhibit a little trepidation everytime I am handling a new knife, I like to call it respect.

It was crazy though, and I know the newly honed edge of the knife probably had a great deal to do with the quick chopping, but I think the design of the blade also was to blame. This usuba is very heavy weighted to the front of the blade, so it naturally likes to fall towards the cutting surface. I think I could see this blade becoming one of my top three most used, which is saying something.

Alright well I have onions carmelizing I must attend to.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]