Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Otra Vez

Tonight was busy, to be point of being around 1000 dollars more than average. Given that we are a small cute neighborhood cafe, that is really saying something. I keep waiting for the slow season, but it just isn't coming, not a bad problem to have. I have been telling all of the employees that I am going to have to be cutting hours soon, and so far no cutting has had to occur.

I don't really have the free time to dedicate to blogging right now, so I will make this short.

Tomorrow I get to meet with a farmer talking about last season and planning for next, that meeting is taking place early so I should sleep soon. I was always super happy with the product this particular little organic farm in the western suburbs was able to supply us with, I am anxious to see what he has on the slate for next year.

Bike riding was good, awesome weather.

Baby Jamie wiped out right in front of me while trying to attempt a side moving dismount off of his surly cross check. Call me an evil heartless man, but I just couldn't help but laugh. He was literally 10 feet in front of me and I had just done my patented jump off the saddle/spin/catch the saddle dismount, I think he was trying to one up me. Well it didn't work now did it Baby Jamie? Who is laughing now? HA!

The day was super busy, there was always something going on, which I like. I made two good soups, one vegan, one with free range turkey and bacon. I liked the vegan sweet potato puree with chili, lime and pepitas more than the turkey with roasted vegetables fennel and rosemary, even though I dig on meat.

Naked Man by the Butthold Surfers just popped onto my iTunes, I have not really thought about that song for a couple of years anyway.

Apple revealed the new computers based upon the intel processors. Too bad I don't have much cash right now, I wouldn't mind a computer practically the same as mine but 3 times faster. Fucking technology, you can never be one up on it.

Ok well that is all I have for you people, fuck off if you want more, you will have to wait.

Out.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]