Friday, January 27, 2006

Well all hell.

I guess I am nothing but a liar, they have WIFI in the lobby area of the hotel.

Now onto the hotel, it is freaking a trip. The "theme" is safari or something like that, so there are all sorts of tiki torches and bamboo everywhere. Even the dresser and mirror has bamboo accents, although everything isn't all that "nice". It isn't as if the place is dirty or in any means disgusting, but it could use an update. Those minneapolis people think Psycho Suzi's but as a hotel and not cold as shit outside. The highlights (aside from the price) are the pool, large rooms, and bar. I have not sat down and started drinking yet, but they have 99 cent beer, daiquiris, margharitas and glasses of wine. Another cool thing is that so far I have not heard anyone speaking English, Korean, French, Spanish, and German yes, but no English yet. There is a section of the hotel that is nothing but a bunch of hostel like cabins, which I am assuming are quite cheap. I even think that right now there is some sort of free food buffet going on in the bar area, another added bonus to poor weary travelers. I am guessing that once the night starts to really roll in, hanging around the pool getting shitfaced is going to be an activity enjoyed by more than just myself. Almost forgot, there are parallel pool tables one on each side of the pool, so if nothing else BG and I can drink beer and play the quarter tables.

Well I should go find something for BG to eat when she gets here, I already have the wine (grandpa paid for it) and the cork screw. Now all that I need are some nice cheeses, perhaps an olive or two, fun cured meats and some grapes. You simply not spend a safari night in a South Central Los Angeles hotel without some grapes, that is cause for a riot right there.

Oh and Kim, I will probably visit the beach tomorrow, at least Venice and Santa Monica. It also a pretty fair possibility that somewhere along the road we will stop at another beach, I have a total of four baggies that I can fill up with sand. After that you are SOL ok?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]