Monday, January 23, 2006

Where to Begin?

Check.

Well lets start this right now, lots of ground to cover and I still have too much to do getting ready for my trip in a couple of days.

First off Montana people, all are good, it was really good seeing everyone. I don't know what my problem is, friends I have had since I was a freshman in high school that now live in Minneapolis, and we hardly hang out. That shit has got to change (and will). There is probably more I could elaborate about here, but again nothing important.

Last night, or yesterday depending upon ones perception.

I had to work early, to get some preparation done for this weeks menu. Usually the Sunday night prep shift starts around 2, but last night we had our year end X-mas bash at the cafe. I started a tad bit before 11, and was greeted by one the bakers expressing her frustrations to me literally the moment I walked into the kitchen. That is a nice way to start the day, I didn't even get the chance to take my helmet off before I had to listen to some serious venting. Of all the places in the Cafe, the bakery seems to give us the most problems right now. I don't really know why, probably something to do with the fact that all of the shifts work independently of one another, and there isn't much communication between everyone. So that is my newest project, to get everyone on the same page and communication to one another regularly about what is going on. On the same subject, we started the first of our bakery specific meetings this morning, iron out problems before they explode is the goal. Still in its infancy, I just hope this will work.

Back to the Party.

Jamin and I did prep work for a couple of hours, got mostly caught up. There would still be plenty to do the next morning, but I wasn't about to make either of us be stuck in the kitchen watching everyone else get sloppy while we brunoised some shallots. Food was provided by the Luce, which was normal quality.

I should have known that problems would be afoot when I saw Summer dressed in the most obnoxious sparkling sequined butterfly patterned shirt. I don't really have any problem with sparkle, but her shirt was really over the top, not quite as silly as her underwear, but I will get to that later. Eli brought some karaoke playstation game and a little TV, so that was the entertainment while everyone ate and got ready for bowling.

Betsy gave me a ride to the Alley in her new car, zippy and frankly a little scary. I am not that accustomed to being in the passenger seat lately, especially not when someone is driving like a maniac. Betsy and I had been talking shit all week about who was going to be Champion of the lanes. In a eerie scene when the two of us walked through the front door, "Eye of the Tiger" starts playing, how perfect?

We get the shoes, and the 17 of us start in on some serious competition, well at least Betsy and I did. It was at this time that the booze started to flow, of which it didn't stop for a long time, thanks mostly to Summer and her sparkle hypnotic. Since it was all getting put on the Cafe credit card, summer kept on ordering rounds of shots for everyone. Even la Duena was getting in on the action. Shot and pitcher upon pitcher came to our group, the bartender was having a hard time keeping up.

In a funny twist, the little coffee shop turned wine bar three blocks away from my house also decided that last night would be opportune to have a bowling holiday party. I recognized the owner from talking to him at a restaurant supply place a couple of weeks back, a bit silly though, two small cafes in the same place. Even more silly is seeing my neighbor with the group, I had no clue she worked at the cafe, but I guess she does. I stopped and talked to her for a good 15 minutes, she was a little sloppy and sluttering, as was I. She was trying to convince me to just buy my ex out of the house and get a roommate to make up the difference. Not a bad idea, but that would further solidify my place in Minnesota, something that I am not sure I want to do.

Booze kept on flowing to our party.

I think the tab was over 700 dollar by the time we were done, do the math...

Also not everyone was drinking, at least 2 of our party were being good children.

Things got pretty out of control though. At one point Summer decided to flash the entire group (and bowling alley) her tighty whiteys, which had in big red letters "I like to Fart". That Summer is nothing but trouble, I think without her we would have not even started on the shots. Once we got going, people just ordered a round every time the waitress would drop the tray off.

Jamin decided her really wanted to show off how skinny his ass was, so he took his pants down and let everyone check it out. For the rest of the night he was just walking up to people, leaning against them and asking if they liked what they saw. Silly Jamin, straight up silly.

Oh you are probably all wondering who won the bowling contest?

Guess....


Well I did of course, and actually I think I got the highest score of anyone, which wouldn't be too far out of the ordinary for me. My top game was only 153, but I think the closest challenger was Thadeo with 151... The best thing was that the round where I got 153, Betsy got 76, so I doubled her score.

We also played a little Big Buck Game Hunter, of which of course I won as well.

Our time expired bowling, so we went to the Hex.

FYI Sunday night at the Hex isn't near as fun as Friday or Saturday, it was actually a little scary. At least one of us got cut off, probably should have been the rest of us, but we were more composed (not falling down drunk like he was).

At the Hex we just stayed around long enough to play a couple of games of pool (I won), and a game of darts (I won). The night was probably the most fun I have had out on the town for a good number of years, at least 2. The biggest problem with the whole night was that yours truly had to open the store, meaning I had to be there at 6:45 in the morning. I didn't get home until about one, and didn't get to bed until about 1:30. I ended up getting to work on time, and was actually the first one there. I have to admit I am feeling it a little now, because I am finally sitting down.

Ok well I think that is about all I have to report, if I think of anything I will be sure to post it.

OH!

On butts and underwear, Viggo (Tracy's dog) was puking Saturday night and when Tracy went to clean it up, she noticed that two pairs of her underwear were mixed with the vomit. Sick.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]