Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Another Dollar.

Today was one of those long days, not arduous mind you, just long.

The first part of my day was spent in meetings, per regular for a Tuesday. Then after sitting through about 4 hours of talking and planning and bitching, I hit the kitchen for another 8. I think for the most part the meeting were productive, though not near as much if Tracy was still in town. Not that we are incapable of holding meetings without her, but she is usually the one who facilitates and gets things going. It would just take a little while to get accustomed to being without the Trace Miester, just another week until she returns.

Ok next.

Cooking was fun, I did another pasta special, and tonight it was probably the best selling single item. It was simple and good, just paparadelli with pimenton tomato sauce, haricot vert, organic broccoli, pinenuts and arugula emulsion. The plate looked nice with the reds and greens, reminiscent of X-Mas to a certain degree. We got a few compliments about the food, always a plus, people just aren't accustomed to the caliber of food that I know we are capable of producing. I am a little worried that when I am not around, the food just won't be as good, so I have to figure out a means of keeping things stable and consistent. I know everyone is capable of doing exactly what I have in mind, my goal is to make sure people know what I have in mind. Either way I am optimistic about the future, hell I am only 27 and I still have a few years to figure things out right?

After work I was planning on just drinking some wine and getting some household crap in line, this wasn't to be the case. As I was driving back from Chi-Lake liquors (the store that stays open till 10) I got a call from one of my peeps Jamin. We hit the Triple Rock and took liberal advantage of the 2-4-1's offered. I called up HereNT and he came down for a Kay-Sa-Di-Ya and a cerveza. I was a little saddened that the mature responsible person within my body limited myself to just 2 beers and left after. I had to drive this morning to pick up the Tuna from Coastal, and there was no way I was going to drive around inebriated.

On the subject of Coastal, when I was picking up the fish I was lucky enough to be treated with a nice fatty juicy Kobe beef burger. I arrived right at the perfect time to get myself a nice little meal, who really can turn down a Kobe hamburger anyway? I was able to talk to Blood about his restaurant, he is in the lucky position of being able to take the majority of the winter off, so he was working back throwing fish around. I should ask him next year about where he got the fundage to open his place, I really need to start thinking seriously about opening my own place, at least by the time I am 30.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]