Friday, February 03, 2006

Ay dios Mio

The entire ordeal is seeming more real now, the little cogs have begun the motions.

The real estate agents have been contacted about selling the house.

The names have been taken off of the credit cards. Well actually her name was taken off of the cards opened in my name, she never offered to let me be a part of her accounts. Even though I am as punctual or better about paying my bills than she was, she still never seemed to think it was a good idea (then again I don't think I even ever asked).

The car is going in for a check up before I put it on the market to be sold. This means that I am going to be without a car for a while, and that is ok with me. Really I only drive a couple of times a week anyway, so what is the big deal right? It just seemed easier to me to eliminate all material attachment and value that we have to each other before we actually file the divorce paperwork. If there is nothing that we have to argue about, there isn't a reason to waste thousands of dollar on lawyer fees, good for both of us.

There is an account waiting to be opened in my name at the bank, all I have to do is fax in the paper work.

Why didn't anyone tell me how big of a pain in the ass it becomes when you get divorced, there are just so many incidentals that I have to worry about. Getting married was simple and easy (too easy).

On a lighter note, I spoke for 3067 minutes last month... That is over 50 hours that I spent gabbing away on the phone, probably a new record. Luckily the majority of those minutes are free, so I didn't go into that dreaded "off peak" territory. That means that I spent 7% of last month talking on the phone, I should really be a little more productive.

Oh, Minneapolis is freaking slippery and cold right now, and I am riding without brakes, wish me luck.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]