Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Cooks and Candy

Tonight I forgot to say that I got a call from a cook that used to work with me back in the day. He was looking for a reference, I am going to oblige, even though he wasn't really the greatest of all the cooks I have worked with in my life. The longer that I am in this business, the more people I seem to know all around. It is hard to go to a party or pretty much anywhere without knowing someone who knows someone I used to work with. Worse yet I think this phenomenon is going to worsen as time passes and I get to know more people.

On to candy..

There is this real estate agent that has been perpetually blanketing my "barrio" with all sorts of propaganda for as long as I have lived in this house. Along with her little printed propaganda, she also usually includes something to set her apart from the rest of the realtors out there. Some such little gifts include flower seeds, small fake mouse pads and valentines day candy. Hooked up to my screen door this evening I found the later of the gifts, which I always look forward to. This year the candies were the normal chalky variety that we get every year, and upon outward appearances only they seemed to be the same. As I worked my way through the box, I noticed something different as I read the cute little phrases on each heart. It seems that the sweethearts people have updated their candies a little. These were marked with phrases such as "Email" and "Page me" a little step but interesting nonetheless.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]