Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fit as a Fiddle.

Had my yearly physical this afternoon. I didn't mean to plan it like this, but it was actually exactly one year to the date from when I had my last physical, creepy. Everything seemed to check out just fine, the doctor even told me that it wouldn't be that big of a deal to wait 3-4 years before my next visit, unless something else goes horribly wrong with me. I got all sorts of shots and test, so it will be a couple of weeks before I know if anything under the surface is buggers. Lucky for me I wasn't subjected to the dreaded KY'ed finger probe, I am not quite old enough for that yet.

I felt pretty dang sorry for this little girl that was before me in the lab getting her blood drawn. She was kicking and screaming the entire time they were trying to get a draw out of her finger, and as a result of her being so tense no blood was flowing. There ended up being 4 people holding her down as the nurse had to poke her twice in the finger before just plugging her in the arm. This came after the same girl had two shots earlier in the afternoon. Now wonder she was crying, I damn well hope at very least her parents got her some ice cream or something.

Now I am just back at work trying to finalize some menus for the upcoming week. I think everything is looking pretty good, we are going to have a tempeh sloppy joe which should be interesting. I had 2 different FOH people come up with ideas for sandwiches this week, take a little bit of the creative pressure off of me. Not that I couldn't have done it obviously, but I am already overwhelmed with trying to figure out a good valentines menu.

Back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]