Monday, February 20, 2006

Getting back to normal.

Well I think things in my life are going to be returning to some semblance of normality. What normality am I speaking of? I am not too sure that I can quantify it, but I can feel it flowing through my veins. For some reason I have not been near as worried about things as I have been in the past, things seem to be where they are supposed to be. This doesn't mean that there isn't some adversity that I am going to have to overcome, I cannot imagine setting up another life for myself is going to be a fun task, but I at least will be well prepared to deal with it. But seriously I don't know what I am even really talking about.

So Colleen is back in NYC, much to my dismay. I do not even know the next time that we are going to be able to see each other, which is pretty dang awful. Neither of us really can afford to fly half the way across the country with any sort of regularity, so we just have to accept the fact that we aren't going to be able to do much of anything together. Like I said it sucks, but that really is life right? If nothing else I have quite a few good memories to tide me over for a while.

Work...

Work was good, busy but good. The AHI BLT on the menu is big time popular, the best selling sandwich of the day, even outshining the perennial favorite turkey burger who most often holds the top slot. This is even with the price being a good 1.50 above the rest of the sandwiches. People seem to be willing and open to the idea of spending a little more for something like AHI, which is good because we are spending quite a bit more.

The Prix Fixe menu didn't go over that well tonight, a fault of it being slow more than anything. I have been thinking for a while about moving the night of the week to Thursday instead of Monday, general consensus among the management team isn't the same as mine and my wonderful idea has been voted down. My deal is that I think people on Monday nights are more interested in getting food for foods sake, and not spending a little extra time enjoying what they eat. By midweek people are already thinking about the weekend, and hence are thinking about relaxing a bit. I should just work it out to where I do Prix Fixe on both nights and compare the sales, that way I might have a leg to stand on.

I am getting more comfortable running pasta specials at the cafe, and it is getting more common as a result. People dig fresh pasta, that is just a indisputable fact.

And now to something of a little more substance.

There is this restaurant really close to my house, actually the closest eating establishment to my house. Right now it is a pretty crappy pizza place/bar, the food isn't that good and unless you like playing golden tee there isn't a good reason to even enter. The building itself is nice though, I have this vision in my head about how I would transform the blue collar trashy interior into something wonderful and bordering upon classy. I am not thinking about a fine dining restaurant, I am smart enough to shy away from that. What I am thinking is more bistro style, good food a few steps up from standard bar fare and a inviting environment where people can relax. I have a vision of how the entire place would look and how it would be run, the only hurdle being that of the monetary nature. I don't have the means to build up a restaurant from scratch right now, even if I think I would be able to make it work. The reason I am bringing this up right now, is that I think the place might be closing down right now. While waiting for the bus to take us downtown Saturday night, I noticed that it was closed, on a Saturday night that is not a good sign. What I really should do is figure out how to write a business proposal to offer to investors, of course right now I have no clue how to do something like that.

Living in fantasy world again, what can I do.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]