Monday, February 13, 2006

Two Months.

I think the last time I went grocery shopping was about 2 months ago, think about that. For interim I have really been subsiding on work food and eating out. I don't know how I managed holding off so long, but it was about time that tonight I actually got some food. Slowly over the past 8 weeks I have been slowly working through my dry stockpile a cup of lentils at a time. Things have gotten to a pretty critical point, nothing but vanilla soy milk and dried garbanzo beans. It isn't like I bought much food tonight, I still feel like I should be saving money. All of this traveling I have been doing lately has been breaking into my cash reserves more than I usually would have. I somehow overcame this barrier and bought myself 50 dollars worth of staples, stuff like tortillas, bananas, coffee and shit like that. Probably the real motivator had to have been the coffee, life without coffee isn't worth living. I think I came to the realization when I was sick yesterday that not having food in the house isn't the best idea. When I was afraid to even leave the house, there were not many options for sustenance. To make things more succinct, I have food now and that is good. I might still have to get some more food before my weekend guests show up, but that might just be a group activity.

That reminds me, I should probably get my house cleaned up, good to make a good impression.

First things first I have to be ready for tomorrow, Valentine's Day the Hallmark holiday that it may be is really quite busy for us in the restaurant business.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]