Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bout Time.

So my house is getting clean again, and yes the internet is choosing to be working right now (god knows why).

My entire week is already booked up with appointments and work, even my days off are looking really full right now.

Well onto food..

I made Vegan pasta again tonight, this time a tomato/basil trenette. The recipe was really easy, basically instead of eggs or water I just used tomato puree, which gave the dough not only flavor but liquid and color. The proportions I used were about the following, 20 cups semolina, 6 cups tomato puree, 1/4 cup dried basil, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 c salt and a little extra water just to bind things together. The cool thing about making pasta now is that I have the cute little transmission arm, which enables us to cut the pasta about 20 times faster. I rolled out 5 pounds of pasta tonight and it took me only about 1/2 hour, close to a new record. Now I am thinking seriously about buying more of the die cutter blades for my machine. Why be limited to just trenette when I can have lasagnette or tagliatelle..

Tomorrow we shall see how the pasta actually sells, hold your breath with anticipation people.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]