Sunday, March 19, 2006

Considering.

Considering how much I usually update, I again would like to apologize to all of you loyal readers out there who are jonesing for a little Phil-Update.

Well my internet still isn't working yet, I am just typing this from work. They we supposed to have come and replaced the drop to the house from the pole, but as of this writing it has yet to be done. One good thing is that they are going to be lowering my payment by 15 dollar for the next 6 months, which I cannot complain about. Although I don't know if I will still be living in the same place come September, so it might just not matter much.

The Brooklyn Queen is right now riding the bus back from La Guardia to her little apartment in the trendy area of Park Slope. She was supposed to fly out last night, but for some reason the flight was canceled, something like no flight crew. I wonder if NWA is going on strike or something, that might explain the lack of workers. Either way it was a pleasant surprise to find out that I was able to spend another night with her. I was able to take her to my favorite of favorite movie theaters, the Riverview which is about 4 blocks from my house. The movie really was pretty dang lame, some Jim Carrey film about robbing Head Shops or something. I was pretty glazed over, just enjoying the best popcorn in the state and the company of Brooklyn Girl.

But she had to fly out this morning, it was sad.

What else?

Tracy is back from Mexico, she was gone for a week. Now she is going to leave again this Saturday for California for another week. In the last 6 weeks she has been gone a total of 4 weeks, not bad really. Vacations in Kenya, Mexico and California, really makes me want to travel more. I am at least in a position now where if I plan things well enough I should be able to take some good chunks of time off, and vacations are never a bad thing. There is the little issue about money, but I figure I can always just sell a bike or two and use that to fund any excursions.

I am thinking about buying myself a big honking old truck. Like a Chevy C-10 or something, just something large and fun. The type of vehicle that would really bring out my Montana heritage. You know a Truck that would look good with a gun rack that goes along with my black cowboy boots. Now do I need a truck like that? Honestly no, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't want one. I hardly drive anyway, so it might be fun to have something older which I could do most of the repair work on. I also have a feeling it would be much cheaper to insure, just a hunch.

Alright well almost time to do some actual work.

Comments:
Not that you really asked, but I'm a big fan of Toyota trucks. Does it have to be a "American"?

I had a '96 Tacoma and an '85 4Runner at two different times when I lived in New Mexico and those trucks could go anywhere. About once a week I would head out to Four Hills (link shows where we typically entered the area) and just play around. Exactly one time someone with a Wrangler was able to go somewhere the 4Runner couldn't. The Tacoma could have done it and there's lots of info for modding the old trucks to be more capable, right up to dropping a big-ol' V8 into the engine bay!

My wife has family in Colorado, too, so I got to play around up there a lot, too. Good times... The Tacoma was a lot more comfortable, but it would probably be a lot harder to work on yourself - at least the engine would be. Fun hobby though I'd probably just get into MTBing now that I know better!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]