Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Dang Internet.

Well I am here waiting for my car to get checked out at the dealership, something keeps on kicking the check engine light on. Funny how this started happening just after I took the car in for the 40k check up. Weird even more is that the light just goes off after a while, freaky.

The internet is broken at my house again, which is more than a little aggravating. I don't know what the deal is, but I have another appointment to get it checked out. Lately my life is chuck full of little appointments, left and right I am just busy getting stuff ready either at work or home. Contractors, real estate agents, cable guys, inspectors, salesmen etc. And really I need to find myself a lawyer as well, probably would be a good idea given all the crap I am going to have to do in the next couple of months.

I did start myself a little day planner, that way I will not forget my appointments and I can better plan and schedule. Up until now I have had no problem keeping things straight just in my head, but things are getting more complicated as I get older.

Now onto bike stuff.

I just bought a bike yesterday. I really didn't need it, one thing I have plenty of are bicycles. This was just a deal which I could not pass up, 15 dollars at savers for a Miyata Felipe sized. Anyone who knows me will be able to tell that I have a little of an unhealthy obsession with anything Miyata based. Probably has something to do with with my first ever road bike being a Pro Miyata which I still have. From that point, everytime I see a reasonably good priced Miyata I just suck it up. This one is a Miyata Liberty, in really good condition for it's age, little to no rust on the frame and perfect components. There was a few minor things which I had to do to get the bike running nice, like replace the bar tape, rear wheel (broken spoke) and adjust the derailers and brakes. There was a little issue with either the crankarm, pedal or BB when I took it out on it's maiden voyage. I took the crankarms off when I got the bike home and noticed that the spindle was cracked a little, not really rideable. So I simply replaced the BB with a sealed cartridge one I had lying around and the bike was good to go. I didn't get the chance to ride it after that, but you can believe that I will here after I get home.

First wait for the car to be fixed.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]