Thursday, March 09, 2006

For the time being.

Well for the time being the internet seems to be working in my house. I am near convinced that it will crap out on me soon enough though, probably right when I try and post this.

First off the damn car. I took it in because of the check engine light remember? Come to find out that some air-flow sensor was out of whack and I would have to pay 400 dollars to get it fixed. I just paid 400 dollars for a check up a month ago, the prospect of paying 800 dollars in the span of a month for a car I hardly ever drive just wasn't appealing to me. I said to hell with it, and decided to just put off the repairs until my financial situation was a little more stable. I don't really need to drive the car at all, and at worst all that would be affected would be the gas mileage and the power of the car a little. I still had to pay 55 dollars for them to even look at the car, but at least I got a car wash out of the deal. I tried to argue that the repair should have been covered in the extended warranty we bought with the car, but they told me it wasn't. I admit I got a little pissy, it had in fact been a long stressful day and I had been yelling at people all day. First the sysco driver when he had chemicals stacked on top of food, then the poor guy working the service counter. In all honesty I just expressed my ill feelings about the situation, I don't think I really raised my voice, but he sure knew I wasn't happy.

Fast forward to this afternoon.

My voicemail rings, so I have a message. I of course thought at first that it was Brooklyn Grl, but amazingly enough it wasn't. The guy (Gene) who I dealt with at the service counter was kind enough to look into my extended warranty and notice that in fact the airflow sensor was covered under the policy. So now not only do I get my car fixed up for free, but I get the 55 dollars I paid back, how flipping awesome is that?

Off subject I took the new Miyata for a little test run last night, suffice to say I am happy.

Work was slamming busy, just how I like it.

Um That is all.

Peace.

Comments:
That is pretty flippin' awesome. Sucks they gave you the run-around about it, though. The fargin' corksuckers were probably hopin' to charge you and the warranty for the repair! But, that may just be my cynical side...

Is the Miata the car with the sensor problem or are there two cars?
 
Yeah I admit I was a little stoked, not having to spend that cash will help me out I think. The Miyata is one of 4 miyata bicycles which are living in my basement. Miyata are no longer imported in the US, but they were pretty dang good back when they were. I have sort of an obsession.
 
Duuhh - I like bikes.

:rolleyes:

Guess I was in a car-centric mindframe from the rest of your post...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]