Thursday, March 30, 2006

Nada Importante.

Seems like most of my posts are being prefaced with an apology for my lack of posting. This time I will abstain from such nonsense and just talk about what I am doing right now.

I hung out with my Montana chum Uberstatic last night, it was a blast even if it was just the two of us. After his shift peddling smut, I picked him up and headed over to my casa to drop off some beer and groceries. We walked down to the little crappy restaurant/bar that is 2 blocks from my house, those loyal readers will remember it as the restaurant I was (am) interested in buying eventually. This entire area is getting more affluent, not to the point of gentrification mind you, but people in my neighborhood are for sure complete with more cash. Just walking around the neighborhood and looking at the cars people are driving is for sure indicative of this change. Not just that but there are so many yoga places, salons, holistic healing shops and other yuppie themed businesses. So this run down, blue collar pizza place is beginning to feel a little out of place. Not to mention that the food sucks, probably near the worst I have had. Instead of tables, the place is just full of pool tables and video games. Such undertakings space, such potential. I can imagine gutting the place out and getting pimping the place out with a tactful and nice atmosphere, it would go over big. We were pretty much the only people in the place, and that was even with them offering 2 for 1 beers. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to be able to have our own bar to ourselves, but I just cannot imagine that they could be making any cash. The food was just frozen sysco based crap fried or microwaved, the rib tips were practically 50% fat swimming in Sysco Imperial BBQ sauce so much that they were disgusting. We did have some french fries, which were exactly what should be expected, but the bleu cheese on the side was gross. I remember years ago La.Beck and I got some pizza or something there, and we had to swap out the plates as they were given dirty with cigarette ashes on them, again gross. Anyway I think I would be able to make a really nice restaurant in that spot, but I just lack the skills I need to find the cash and build the place. Although it might not be a bad idea to talk to some of my prior employers about investing both time and money in the project, hmm. First though back to school.

Hell the place isn't even for sale (that I know), and it would need lots of work.

Uber and I played pool and big buck hunter for a couple of hours and returned to my house where we met up with his girlfriend. I cook the both of them some udon noodles with tofu, miso and sugar snap peas, as always it was good. It was nice just having people over at my house and chilling, not really entertaining as much as hanging out. Most of the time I just meet people out on the town, so it was a good change of pace. Not to mention it is always cheaper to just cook here, and most of the time better.

Kim and I met up to do some bookshopping, or at least she did. I like to just grab a couple of cookbooks and steal ideas, most of the time I don't actually buy anything. The staff usually doesn't give me any grief, and even if they did what is the worst the could happen? I guess they could kick me out, which wouldn't really affect me much. The ride back was windy, but surprisingly fast. I was playing cat and mouse with a bus for a while, but one red light and I was 1/2 a mile in front. I hate hate hate sucking bus tailpipe.

Alright menu writing time.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]