Thursday, April 27, 2006

Crazy bizee

Tonight we participated in this event Dining Out For Life at the cafe. There are a bunch of restaurants around the cities that were as well donating a percentage of their proceeds to Aids research, good cause. We were actually at the higher level, I think we are donating around 35% of our sales to the cause, really quite a bit. Somehow we were also "lucky" enough to get the key radio station sponsoring the event to park out in front of the cafe and do a live broadcast.

Needless to say we were busy.. Not just busy CRAZY busy. Not just CRAZY busy, but record breaking busy. The restaurant was really stretched to it's max, there were more people than we could efficiently serve. People were coming in faster than it was possible for us to cook the food and get it out to them, insane I tell you. I was originally going to have the day off (my only one this week) but I got called in when things got so out of control. Even when I was there working the saute and helping out everywhere I could, it still felt like we were 2 steps behind the entire night. I cannot imagine how it would have gone if I wouldn't have been there, shutter to think.

From 6 till 8 was the busiest 2 hours on record... EVER. Almost 11 years and we have not seen business comparable, that is saying something.

I was planning on doing work from home anyway, all it means is that I wasn't able to get the new menu ready as soon as I would have liked. I have a couple of ideas, but no recipes or anything written, tomorrow is going to be fun.

On a good note, I think I have someone who wants to buy the car, she is going to be talking to her bank tomorrow. That should make things a little easier to get through the period of time where I am paying both rent and mortgage. I should be ok, selling bikes has really cushioned my bank account a little. Things should be settled soon, then I can really focus and start being productive in my life again. No longer playing catch up as much as being caught up. The sun is rising on the horizon.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]