Saturday, April 08, 2006

Fast, Slower, Slowest

I am going to make this quick as I have email upon email which needs responding.

First off work was well, I snagged myself a free 1/2 case of bananas by picking up the order from co-op partners. Do not scoff at free produce.

Got home, showered, and set up the Miyata with a under the seat bag and bottle cage. This way I can hope on and ride without having to worry about a bag being all heavy on my back. Rode around the town at a medium pace, I fought the wind yesterday so I felt I deserved a little respite today. I don't really know how far I went, but I was in the saddle for about an hour and a half. It felt good, perfect weather and feeling in relatively good shape, still a ways to go but I will get there. What really pisses me off is that I have in essence become a fair weather biker, something I had promised myself I would never become. Easy to slack on moral fortitude when given the option between driving and biking in a foot of snow, call me week.

I got back home, and for some reason had the weird inclination to go out and rollerblade around a little. Now I have not been on my skates for about 2 years, perhaps even longer. I can guess what the motivation was, and she lives in Brooklyn. So after wiping the cobwebs off (literally) I headed out on the streets down to the Mississippi. Little side note, I noticed that my blades are made with some carbon fiber, albeit more crude than they are using today. I was only skating around for about 30-45 minutes, but I can feel the burn building in my legs. Rollerblading is such a different workout than biking or running, I can tell my legs aren't used to it.

Now I am thinking about taking a little walk around the neighborhood and enjoying the sunset here in the next hour or so. Perfect way to cap off an otherwise full day.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]