Wednesday, April 26, 2006

SHoool.

First the big exciting news, yes I did get myself enrolled into the university for this upcoming fall semester. As of right now I am just taking 10 credits, but I am waiting to meet with another (different) advisor in order to perhaps increase that load to the 13-16 credit range. I just want to get done as soon as possible, and if I can somehow finish in 3 semesters, that would be rocking. It is quite interesting how things tend to come full circle, when I was at the university of Montana, I was set up to be a Anthro major, and now I am going to be again. Going back into anthropology is more of a function of convieniece more than anything, I already have taken all of the pre-reqs, so heading in that direction is going to be easy.

Here is a break down of the classes I am taking so far.

First off Biogeography, fills the last of the CLA requirements which I need, both biological science, and environmental core. The class should be interesting, and I cannot imagine it to be that difficult seeing as it is a 1000 level.

The last gap in my generals which I needed was a Lit class, and I did end up signing for that Cyborg one. If nothing else the books (hope) should be easy and quick to read, and bullshitting about Sci-Fi isn't really that hard. Pop culture is so interlaced with references to cyborgs and monsters that it really has become part of our cultural lore, lots to choose from. Like I said before, I can also always just get my brother to right the papers for me, Right Jerzo?

Finally I am taking an anthro class, Material Culture. Basically how we attach ourselves to the objects in our lives. I know I could write novels about what I am going through right now, the slow laborious process of pairing down my (our) belongings from a house full to an apartment. The amount of worthless shit I am noticing that we have built up in the basement and pretty much everywhere is really staggering. There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, knowing that I will soon have a more manageable amount of personal goods to deal with.

So there you have it, I am going back to school (Go Felipe!)...

I eventually want to get my Master's in something, but I am taking it one step at a time. Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if I somehow brought myself to take the LSAT, now again I am getting ahead of mysef. Like Bill Murray said "Baby Steps, Baby Steps, Baby Steps." Although that movie was annoying, I still managed to carry a little something out of it.

We had a management meeting today, a BIG management meeting, 8 hours. This was the meeting that was supposed to be a retreat up north, those plans had to be changed. The meeting was instead held at the Calh0un Be@ch Club, which from my working in clubs wasn't nearly as nice as many I have seen. I must admit I approached the entire ordeal with a certain amount of trepidation, not really convinced that we even should waste the time away from the cafe. It was in fact really productive, shows what I know.

Now as I was leaving I met a Serbian guy who lived in Missoula for the last 7 years...

Small fucking world, I broke the rust off of my Serbian language skills, he was surprised....

Alright more packing, hopefully I will get my keys here in the next couple of days.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]