Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Inch by Inch Hour by Hour.

First off lets start with my fuck ups.

This weekend I really wasn't planning on doing that much, especially Saturday night. Too many nights staying up till 5 am and getting out of bed at 9 were just getting to me a little. After watching King Kong (good special effects, nothing great though), I decided to meet up with all the kids getting back from the NE Girls ride. I knew there would be a bunch of my friends there, so off to Grumpy's I headed.

Think about this, those people had been drinking solidly since about 11 am, I myself was just getting started. Most everyone was sluttering, slurring or like Amy C, passing out at the bar. In Amy's condition she was in no way going to be able to ride all the way back up to Robbinsdale, so I volunteered my couch. My apartment is at most 1.5 miles from the bar, and by bike that wouldn't take that long. We started riding, couple of wrong turns (don't let drunk amy try and lead), we finally got to my place. I hooked her up with some "buzzard snacks" a little water, blanket and a bunch of pillows. With KK back on the computer, I knew it would just be a matter of time before she was good and asleep. Back to Grumpy's I flew.

About 10 minutes later, I pull up get ready to lock up my bike and notice something missing, my keys I must have left in the apartment. Multiple calls to AC didn't rouse her from her drunken slumber. I NEVER do something like that, meaning lock myself out of my apartment, just out of character for me, big time.

It didn't really matter too much, I was meeting up with M2 that night anyway, so I just crashed at her house. The next morning I rode over from St. Paul to the Triple Rock and met up with Amy where I got the keys.

How is work?

Busy, like record breaking busy, like out of control busy, like sweating your ass off in a 100 degree kitchen not being able to catch up busy. Even today when we thought we would have a little respite, it got hella slammed.

Moving?

Well most everything is out, the upstairs has new carpet, and almost all of the little repairs are done. The house has never really looked nicer. Ironic that we go through all this work to make our houses better, fixing the little shit, things that didn't ever bother enough to require attention all have to be done. The only room that is left to move stuff out of is the basement, and there isn't much left. I think I might make a haul over to the transfer station tomorrow with a truck full of junk, chemicals which are prohibited from being tossed in the garbage (good reason).

The light on the horizon is shining bright and true, I will get all this crap done in no time.

Anyone who wants to help cleaning up the yard, give me a call.

Comments:
Mmmm. Yardwork. Sounds like a sister-to-do. I have Friday off. Would that work?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]