Monday, June 12, 2006

Todo List

Today, togo order for 70 people, much higher than we normally would have agreed to, our usual limit is about 25.

Tomorrow, probably the biggest delivery day in the history of the b-wood, I get to put is all away. Final inspection on the house. We also get to start prepping for the following day, which is going to be huge.

Wed, first of 3 events that we have to take place in for the big bike race coming to town. This is why we had to get so much stuff in the day before. Somehow I have to find a place to put enough food for about 1000+ people in my little kitchen, and also find a way to get it all over to St Paul. I rented a refrigerated trailer, so I get to learn how to haul a trailer behind my big kick ass red truck (which I am selling soon if anyone is interested).

Thursday, figure out what else needs to be done on both the house and for the remaining bike events. I don't have any clue what to expect, so I ordered a bit heavy for the Wed event, we will see what is left. The remainder of the day is going to be spent in meetings and cleaning up the house, luckily there isn't much left on the house front.

Friday, typically the busiest day of the week at the cafe, so admidst all that chaos I have to plan the next weeks menu, write and article for the news letter, do the schedule, make sure I have enough stuff ordered in for weekend. During the evening, we are going to set up a ice cream sandwich booth downtown, which I thought would give us a little respite from the insanity, I was wrong. I found out yesterday that we also are going to have to provide food for all the volunteers working downtown, so like another 60-70 people. Fun.

Saturday, the second busiest day of the week next to Friday. I have to do my regular shift, and somehow find time during it all to get the prep done for the next days bike race extravaganza. Also we have to find time and space to prep for the next day's brunch, one of the busiest of the year.

Sunday, Father's day, not as busy as Mother's day, but close. I get to fill up yet another trailer with food and drive it out to Stillwater for another cooking event, this one about 5 times the size of the St. Paul event. I am expecting to start really early in the morning and work on through until everything is cleaned up and the equipment has been safely returned to the company. It would be hard to figure out this event logistically even if the Restaurant was closed, I honestly don't know how it is going to get done with a place as busy as the Cafe. Anyone who has been to the cafe knows what a mad house it can become, sometimes mind boggling.

Monday, make sure the new menu is ready, make all the prep lists, menu guides, cheat sheets, recipes that a new menu entails. After work, meet up with the Real Estate agent and if all is good the house is going on the market.

Tuesday, just work and wait for the house to sell.

This is hell week, I cannot imagine having to do more things, I hardly can imagine getting done what has to be done at the minimum level.

So this might be my last entry for a couple of days.

Oh I also haven't done laundry for the last 2 weeks and my apartment is a mess, spending 6-12 hours a day working on the house and planning for this week has left little time for much else. Though I did manage a date for last Saturday night.... I think my sister is right, I date more than damn near anyone I know.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]