Friday, June 16, 2006

UGH parte dos

So this is going to have to be quick because I really need to get to sleep and get ready for tomorrow.

The house is 100% done, nothing else to do from what I can tell.

I started work at 5:45 this morning, figuring I would just work until 3-4ish, that would give me enough time to actually clean my house and write the article for next months newsletter. I started to notice after a little while that I had to help bring the setup downtown for the bike race. Originally I was under the impression that I was going to be able to just ignore Friday, nothing I personally had to deal with, but that damn truck... I moved everything all the shelving, coolers, ice, and drinks downtown fighting rush hour traffic and barricades all the way. At that point I figured my night was over, I left the keys to my truck with T-Dog and drove her car back to the cafe where I just walked home.

For about two hours I figured I was in the clear, I had a glass of wine, folded some laundry, shaved my head, swept, washed a few dishes, generally relaxed. I should note at this point that it had started raining something fierce, near as bad as I have witnessed in my entire life. The only time I can think of that was worse was when B and I were driving out to Miles City to visit little D and right outside of the border of ND and MT the rain was just silly. Tonight it was close though, I felt sorry for the racers. (I think I left a brand spanking new pair of NB running shoes in the hotel at Miles City, I still am pissed about that).

My point, at 8:00 right around the time I was getting dressed for a party, I get a call from T-Dog. T-dog needs me to drive down with her car and help haul all the volunteers back to their respective domiciles. My job of course was to take all the crap back, which meant that I had to also unload it all in the pouring rain, transfer everything from the drenched boxes to bus tubs and milk crates, my kind of fun. I also had to bring back the Ice Cream to Izzy's, though the people who packed the truck didn't bother throwing any dry ice into the insulated boxes, or for that matter even zip them closed, so all the ice cream was ruined, awesome.

Recap.

I started work at 5:45, took about 2 hours off, finished at 10:45....

So far this week, from Monday until today I have worked about 58 hours, not to mention all the work I had to get done at my house, another 12 hours or so. There are still 2 days left, both are sure to be 12 hour minimum, tomorrow is more likely to be 15. Fucking work. Let's add this all up, with the house and work, I should be hitting about 90 hours this week, with no overtime to speak of, and they wonder why I am crabby at work. You know it isn't a good sign when everyone walks around asking "Are you OK?"

I did turn my notice in though, and I have some good leads for easy jobs while I am schooling it.

Oh and Blogger spell check sucks and I am lazy, deal with my impirfactians.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]