Thursday, July 13, 2006

Been a While.

Not much going on, or at least anything worthy of writing about.

Ok well I did go to the new library this morning, the first time since it opened a couple of months ago. I was on a mission to find a bunch of cookbook, you know inspiration for next weeks menu and what not. I got a little side tracked, the DVD section on the first floor was more than impressive. The actually had Dave Chappelle season one uncensored, the library had that. My whole plan was to spend a couple of hours in the library, avoiding the scorching heat wave that is starting to blanket Minnesota this week. I found a couple of movies and was blown away by the cookbook selection, impressive to say the least. I read somewhere that the new library actually is like the 3rd largest collection of public books in the US, damn well should be considering how much they paid for the place. I was impressed, much nicer than the old one, but I don't see how that was in dispute.

With my bag full of books and movies I headed over to 1x1 for a little Java and to wait for my buddy working next door to take his lunch break. The cafe got a little packed so I let someone else have my table and started waiting outside $exworld. Interesting seeing the range of people that pack into that place during the noon hour, everyone from strippers, to sleazy greasy haired men to older gentlemen in nice suits hopping out of lexuses. I even busted one of my ex-co-workers from the downtown club I used to work at, he said he was looking for a "bachelor party". Look there is nothing wrong about wanting to bust a nut in a smut house during your lunch break, at least have some pride in your own personal sleaze. Or maybe he was actually looking for a gift, I just for some reason have a tough time buying it.

Lunch was good, just a slice and a salad from a pza place. I don't get the chance to eat romaine that often anymore, the lettuce we usually get at the cafe tends to be more arugula/mizuna/bibb than your typical restaurant lettuces.

I couldn't stay downtown that long, I had gotten a call from a potential employer in NE while I was at 1x1 and had setup a preliminary interview for later in the day. The ride up marshall from downtown was fun, then again I cannot imagine anytime riding on that sexy merckx being anything less than orgasmic. The interview went well, I just am not sure if it would be the best thing for me right now, basically it is another job running a kitchen, albeit on a much smaller scale than the one I am running now. I haven't ruled it out yet, but like everything I am stepping with a bit of trepidation.

I ended up just about a mile from Emily's house so I called her up and helped her with potting some of her plants before she had to leave for work. I think I am going to get somewhere around 1/2 of her plants when she moves at the end of the month, which will make my apartment resemble something of a jungle. One of the first things she ever said to me was "my house is puking plants!" she wasn't lying, there are probably about 50+ potted plants throughout. The three plants she gave me for my b-day are doing awesome, over doubled in size in less than 2 months.

The bike ride home was fun, I took the longer hillier route, so I got a nice workout. Since I built up the merckx I think I have been averaging 15-30 miles a day, up substancially from the 0-3 that I was riding for those couple of months I was smoking. It gets easier everyday, even under that sticky hot and humid Minnesota summer air.

We are having some sort of a keg party at the cafe tonight, replaying the tour from this morning. Two kegs of oberon, biker girls and AC, I think I know where I am going to rest my bones tonight. Shit I almost forgot D@nce Band is playing tonight at the nomad, I can't really miss that considering I am on a first name basis with all but one of the members of the band.

No spell check, deal.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]