Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Gummi Bears



I as we speak am finishing off a bag of German gummi bears that someone was foolish enough to leave at my house. I don't really have too much to say about the chewy little bears, but they are good isn't that enough?

The weekend was your typical 4th full of far too much to possibly get done. I hate having to pick and choose one party over another, just makes life frustrating. I probably ate too much bbq, drank far too much beer/wine/jameson/jose not all in the same outing mind you.

I got a bit of riding in on the Merckx, nothing major just a couple of hours here, couple of hours there. The more I ride that bike the more I like it, it feels like a little rocket between my legs (pull mind out of gutter here people). I should probably buy new tires, but I am biding my time until I have more case on hand. There is the possiblity that I may someday upgrade the entire drive train, wheels, deraillers, shifters, brakes etc. That is a bit of an undertaking and would be upwards of 1000 dollars so I am going to be forced to wait a little.

Em and I did some hiking yesterday, down deep into the wildlife preserve that sits just a 1/2 mile from the MOA. That place is a like a hidden little jewel in the middle of the cities, no one is ever there and it goes for miles upon miles where you see nothing but eagles, deer, and planes desending onto the runway. I think all together we made it about 6 miles, which was just about right, anymore and I would have turned into jello. After the plan was to hit dairy queen up for some delic frozen goodness, which of course was closed for the holiday. No peanut butter cup/espresso blizzard for sr. felipe, I had to settle for a frozen snickers from the gas station.

*insert nap here*

I woke up too late realizing I had missed 1 friends BBQ as well as a bunch of calls.

Jer and K were downtown ST. Paul waiting to watch the fireworks, so I jumped on the bike and booked it down university at a frenzied pace. After the initial upward grade of the road it sloped down with the wind at my back. I didn't time myself exactly, but I think it took me about 20 minutes from my apartment until I was locking up the bike. The traffic on Kellogg was terrible, I was glad I was riding my geared bike instead of the fixie. Once I had to coast all the way to the right to the point were my foot was hovering above the curb, just so I could make it passed a nice shiny white escalade that didn't leave me much in the way of room.

After that the night was fun, the fireworks were awesome.

The ride home was interesting, Jer already talked a little about it, so I see no need to elaborate.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]