Monday, July 31, 2006



Ok that is the route I took from the co-op to the Riverview this evening. Nothing special right? Considering it was 101 when I left the house, and the entire route took me 18 minutes, I don't feel that bad about it. Average of 23.3 MPH isn't great, but for me it is ok, I am not exactly the fastest person on the planet.

Seems like I have been riding lots in this oppressive heat.

The satuday night ride was hot, and fun. We ended up pushing ourselves far further than we probably should have, something about L wining the NE race just got him all riled up. Even half drunk/stoned (not I) we were keeping pace faster than I would have normally expected. There were new people, old people and lots of fun. At one point I was able to squeeze a steady stream of liquid from the nylon strap which keeps the helmet secured to my noggin. It was just that hot. I was keeping it low on the whole drinking end of things, I am at least smart enough to know that it is dangerous to drink heavily while physically active in temps over 95.

At one point we were all stopped so bjorn could fix a flat, right by minnehaha creek and chicago. There resounded this thunderous crash about 25 yards away, like a tree getting chopped down. Inspection revealed that one of the cotton wood trees that thrive on the wet conditions on the bank of the creek had lost one of it's larger branches. Not just a little branch, this one came from about 30 feet off of the ground, far up high. This heat, the lack of rain and low rivers I am sure contributed somewhat to the falling of the branch. Something screwy is going on with the climate, don't really know what to make of it.

My mattress has been moved into my living room, under the chill of a 8000+ btu AC unit. The little guy I had in my bedroom has something wrong with it, the water from the condenser is just dripping onto the window ledge, which has be afraid of causing some long term damage. The rest of my apartment is nice and frosty.

I still don't have a job, just 2 weeks left and still nothing solidified.

I really have to start pimping my resume around a bit more, considering I have basically turned down 2 jobs which I don't think will be exactly "right". One of them I might just take on a part time basis, almost like consulting. Heh, Felipe the consultant, funny shit.

Oh yeah I know there are lots of misspallings and I don't care.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]